Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Girl, you’re spreading yourself too thin…

Sandwiches, cupcakes, cake balls, and a pound cake. Not in that particular order, but that was the menu a few weeks ago. Four days to get it all done. I had volunteered Arystle’s to make finger food for an event (which I also had a booth in as a student) in Gainesville while also preparing for the upcoming Bull Bash with my partner in crime. You may ask why would you take all of that on? Why would you keep on saying yes even if your plate is already full (well placed food pun, check). Am I crazy? “Well Yes” I always say, “In a good way…I hope.” Contrary to the title, I’m not writing this to talk about spreading yourself too thin. I’m writing this to talk about working towards goals and feeling accomplished after trying new things. At the risk of sounding like I’ve read one too many self-help books, you never know what could be unless you’re willing to try. Take risks, take on tasks, and say yes to something that you’ve always blown off before…unless it’s some creeper asking for your phone number, feel free to say no every time. I really enjoy taking on new challenges- Case in point, the cake pop bouquet. Turned out to be wonderful- I hate sounding weird, but I really did put my heart and a lot of hard work into that beauty. And when you dedicate yourself to something, it usually turns out to be pretty great. On a foodie show I was watching recently (The Chew, Have you seen it? You need to) a guest said that you can tell when food is made with love and when someone has just been going through the motions…may sound funny but I agree. I really enjoy for people to be pleased with what I’ve (we’ve) created, it’s on a top ten list somewhere of things that make me most happy. That’s why I think we’re doing a good thing by going into business, because people can see & taste the difference when you really love what you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment